May 19, 2020
Author, podcast host, and host of the eCommerce MasterPlan podcast Chloë Thomas returns to
talk about e-commerce delivery from a retailer and customer
perspective. We cover:
- Speed vs cost vs green
- Giving customers what they want… and paying for it!
- Changing consumer expectations thanks to That Virus
- Will customers still want fast delivery? Or will it depend on
the product category?
- Customers switching to online purchasing - and post-pandemic
- Consumer backlash - customer service at e-commerce retailers
being overwhelmed by complaints (which are often
- Communicating with customers and using interactive delivery
management (IDM) to allow customers to manage their deliveries
- Best practice in in-flight communications
- Pro-active post-purchase communications with customers
- Reducing customer complaints
- Reducing returns
- Do retailers think they have to compete with Amazon?
- Retailers’ awareness of the environmental impact of e-commerce
delivery - including packaging and returns
- Consolidating e-commerce deliveries (e.g. Amazon Day)
- Green delivery slots - and nudge behaviour
- Alternative delivery modes (e.g. parcel lockers, deliver to
neighbour, safe place)
- Dealing with returns
- How the pandemic is changing e-commerce returns
- Chlöe’s bold predictions for the future of e-commerce!