Jan 23, 2023
Has postal reform had any effect on the US Postal Service? Mike
Plunkett, President at PostCom, and Mark Fallon, President of the
Berkshire Company, discuss the impacts of recent legislative
- Why reform of the US postal system is important to the rest of
- UPU reforms show US is willing to take the lead
- Main components of the Postal Service Reform Act
- Mandated six-day-a-week delivery
- Pre-payment of future retiree benefits
- Will removal of this burden have an impact on postal
- Limitations on the USPS's ability to raise its rates
- Monitoring and transparency on delivery performance
- Queries over the reported delivery volumes
- Is it important to track letter delivery service
- Flats processing (large letters, catalogues and
- Revenue vs costs for processing flats
- Processing equipment for flats
- Providing government products and services via the USPS post
- Are post office closures on the USPS agenda?
- Integrated package and mail services network
- Drone delivery
- Is there more postal reform to come?
- Will the USPS expand beyond its borders?