May 30, 2022
Carmen Cureu, Market Research
Director at DPDgroup, dives deep into DPDgroup’s e-commerce
customer and delivery research.
- The concept of “new commerce”, and the new customer behaviours
stimulated by the pandemic
- New categories of e-shoppers, and newcomers to online
- Comparisons with China’s e-commerce shopper profiles
- Basket diversification and what shoppers are buying online -
including fresh food
- Opposite trends but with contradictions - DPDgroup’s research
into how people buy online and offline
- The second-hand market and environmental sensibilities
- How “sticky” is e-commerce post-COVID and against a background
of some international uncertainty?
- Buying cross-border, including Chinese parcel volume trends and
the factors driving cross-border trends
- Do customers know when they’re buying cross-border?
- What do e-shoppers want in terms of the delivery experience?
Speed, delivery places, and added value services.
- How do delivery preferences vary across different markets?
- Comparisons with Chinese e-shopper delivery preferences
- The rise of out-of-home delivery (delivery to a parcel
shop/PUDO or parcel locker) in Europe
- Predictability of home delivery
- Sustainability in delivery and customers’ desire for “green”
- Economical delivery, added-value, and sustainability
- E-commerce returns