Feb 9, 2022
Heleen Buldeo Rai, Postdoctoral researcher at the Logistics City
Chair (University Gustave Eiffel, Paris), joins me to talk about
the environmental impact of e-commerce delivery:
- Should people shop online or in person?
- How do people make their shopping trips - by car, on foot, or
by other means?
- The concept of substitution
- Does an online purchase replace an in-store purchase?
- Browsing and showrooming
- Omnichannel behaviour
- Is e-commerce fuelling consumerism?
- What do we do with the time we save by shopping online?
- Customers' overall mobility footprint
- Trip chaining
- Click-and-collect vs PUDO
- Out-of-home delivery in rural and remote areas
- Factors driving consumer choice in delivery options
- Encouraging consumers to make greener delivery choices
- Convenience vs sustainability
- Getting the data on mobility
- The 15-minute city, and what it means for e-commerce
- Transport of heavy goods