Dec 15, 2021
Marek Różycki, Managing Partner Last Mile Experts, and
Dean Maciuba, Last Mile Experts North America, join me to discuss
the major trends in the last mile in 2021:
- Micro-fulfilment centres - powering next-day and same-day
- Who pays for on-demand delivery?
- Why Amazon wants to own the customer - and how the last mile
forms a crucial part of its plans
- Point-to-point delivery and its impact on traffic
- Role of out-of-home delivery in creating last mile capacity -
including same-day delivery
- City logistics - will it succeed?
- Ultra-fast or super-fast (sub-20 minute) delivery, with
fulfilment via a local dark store
- Will these start-ups survive when the VC cash runs out?
- Consolidation in the sector
- Grocery delivery - residential delivery, smart locks, BOPIS /
click-and-collect, refrigerated parcel lockers
- The importance of software in solving last mile delivery issues
and improving the customer experience - and powering first-time