May 26, 2021
Kate Muth, Executive Director at IMAG, joins me to talk about
the future of letter and parcel delivery in the USA:
- Postal reform:
- Is this the best opportunity in years for meaningful
- Implications for parcels and letters in the USA
- Lack of clear definition of the Universal Service Obligation in
- The letters monopoly – should it be opened to competition?
- Upstream preparation of letters (work share)
- The mailbox monopoly
- What is the most convenient way for customers to receive
letters and parcels?
- Do recipients still value mail?
- Mail as a two-sided market
- Parcel delivery frequency
- Alternate day letter delivery
- Post office network access
- Who would be involved in formulating the USO?