Jun 17, 2019
Dean Maciuba, Director of Consulting Services at
Logistics Trends & Insights, analyses FedEx Express’s decision to
- The factors behind FedEx’s decision
- Bad blood between FedEx and Amazon
- What does one-day Prime have to do it?
- Peak season volumes
- Is Amazon a true competitor in the last mile?
- FedEx Ground and Amazon going forward
- FedEx capacity concerns and network renewal
Then we get on to the topic of Amazon’s Delivery Service
- Incentives available to prospective DSPs
- Amazon moving into mid-sized markets - concerns about
- Is Amazon finding it difficult sourcing DSPs?
- Structure of DSPs (including size of fleets), and how it
compares to the FedEx Ground model
- Profitability for DSPs
- Training and driver efficiency
- Amazon and B2B e-commerce (including healthcare and
- DSP vehicles
- How DSPs will impact on US Postal Service volumes
- The fate of Amazon’s original DSPs